Saturday 20 July 2013

Try something new

So, after trying something a little different and then trying to go with what I knew I could easily have opted for giving up or taking an extended break.

But that's really not what you do with a hobby that has been an integral part of your life now is it?

What I needed was a catalyst to really kick start my hobby.

It started with board games, namely Sentinels Of The Multiverse, Star Wars : X-Wing and some Magic: The Gathering.

I bought a deck builders toolkit for M13 and met up with my good friend Erik to play some friendly Magic.  Largely using a random assortment of cards from the M13 DBT and other cards I had left over from the 1st Chapter.

From there I started to try other things and stumbled upon Sentinels Of The Multiverse - http://sentinelsofthemultiverse.com/
The Enhanced Edition had just been released and I picked it up after reading some reviews.  This game was the spark I needed and I've since played it about 10 times with a variety of people.

I quickly followed it with Star Wars : X-Wing which gave me a Star Wars gaming "fix".  Now I've only played this 2 or 3 times but it was enough.  Whether I play it again it doesn't matter as it served its purpose.

So we're getting there but I wouldn't quite say we're up and running with the 2nd Chapter.  Not just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment